Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Icelandia

I am getting married in 137 days.  I am starting to freak out a little.  Being married to someone is going to change everything.  So is our 8 week honeymoon in Iceland.  I just hope that he doesn't regret marrying me after our honeymoon.  After-all, he is the outdoorsy, in shape one.  Blisters, whining, hunger, and a bad attitude are sure to plague me.  I have already done my fair share of whining about buying backpacking underwear and clunky hiking boots.  Most of my complaints come from the idea that one's honeymoon should be sexy, all the time; the other complaints come from a deep rooted insecurity of (un)attractiveness.  Hopefully Charlie will still love me when I'm not only grumpy and stinky, but wearing un-sexy underwear, no makeup, and feel ugly.

On the plus side, Iceland (139 days away!) will make up for the un-sexiness of backpacking underwear, (which you can tell how much I detest.)

MADE IN ICELAND from Klara Harden on Vimeo.



P.S.  I am really excited for Iceland.  I am excited to go on an adventure.  But part of me just thinks about going on adventures, and not them actually happening. It's actually happening this time.  Traveling is fun, but it brings out the best and worst in a person.  I'm not sure if we've seen each others worst.  That is precisely why the words, "for better or for worse" make it into the vows.
Cheers to marriage, sex, adventure, and Iceland.




 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like one epic honeymoon!!! I am sure you will have such an amazing time!

    Ngaio May xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too best friend!

    And Ngaio, I am excited! It sounds like a pretty epic honeymoon to me too. :)

    ReplyDelete